The Information Management Unit (Health) primay role is to ensure alignment of information and information technology with the Ministry’s business priorities. In this regard, the Unit provides support and advise to the Permanent Secretary on all Ministry ICT Matters. The Information Management Unit (Health) is managed by the Chief Information Officer, Mr Clinton Farrugia.
Main Competencies of the Information Management Unit (Health) include:
- The preparation of strategic and operational ICT plans for the Ministry in line with the national ICT strategy;
- Providing support and advice to the Permanent Secretary on the Ministry ICT matters;
- Technical advice about the procurement and/or leasing of ICT-related equipment;
- Co-ordinate the upgrading, development and implementation of new Information Systems;
- Preparation of the ICT budget and the optimisation of ICT resources;
The Information Management Unit (Health) is also involved in applying Governmental-wide policies, standards and protocols which are aimed at ensuring that IT systems are mutually compatible.